Thursday, November 16, 2006

the biggest scientist

In my search for an example, today I started to ask people the following 2 questions:
which is the biggest researcher ever existed in the world?
and what about Computer Science?
I have asked twice in Norwegian using the question hvem er den største forsker i verden and og i computer science (CS)?
First person: man Norwegian computer scientist academic position answers Leonardo da Vinci and gives 3 in CS: Alan Kay, Donald E. Knuth, Jean Vanderdonckt?
Second person: man Norwegian computer scientist academic position answers "Leonardo da Vinci" and gives 1 name after thinking a lot and being almost ironic: claes wohlin
I have asked once in Italian, over skype Chi e´ il piu´grande ricercatore del mondo?"
Third person: man Italian computer scientist academic position answers Newton and Parnas
I personally would have answered Galileo Galilei and Tim B. Lee without or let us say before I have made a rational choice of the parameters about how to choose

1 Comments:

Blogger LAURA said...

i would say galileo galilei
and cs knuth.
In my area i would say Bode.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home